Nowcasting service is now available for South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, part of Zimbabwe, and Mozambique
GOES-East (GOES-13) satellite was replaced by new generation GOES-R (GOES-16) satellite. A new Solargis model based on GOES-R data was released.
- Regular 15 minute time resolution (GOES13 has ca 30min resolution)
- Data from 2018-01-01 onwards
- More spectral channels allowing better cloud/snow/no-cloud classification
- Better spatial resolution (visible channels have 0.5km resolution, in Solargis model we use 2km resolution)
- Better geometrical stability of satellite images
- Same coverage as the older GOES-East satellite - same position longitude ca -75 deg west
Solar radiation data for Australia, New Zealand, and parts of Asia (longitude 95-105E, latitude 30-50N) for year 2017 were reanalysed to improve data consistency. The reanalysis resulted in small changes to GHI and DNI for May-July 2017 and Sep 2017 for Australia and New Zealand. Also, data for parts of China (longitude 95-105E, latitude 30-50N) were updated for July 2017.
Daily updates of historic time series is now available also for additional regions including parts of Russia, Vietnam, Eastern Malaysia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, and West Africa. Daily updates can be accessed via pvSpot online application, FTP service, and via Solargis API service.
Data service for Hawaii was upgraded to include daily updates of historic time series. Daily updates can be accessed via pvSpot online application or Solargis FTP/API service.
Nowcasting service now available for La Réunion and Mauritius.