We are constantly working to improve Solargis. Below are details of recent updates to Solargis model and services.
You can vote for features and submit new feature requests via our public product roadmap.
Improved aggregation of 10 minute time series (native resolution) to 15 minute time step. Previously implemented aggregation resulted in 'steppy' profile during cloudless situations. A new aggregation method was introduced to avoid these features.
Improved merging of multiple data sources for a given parameter. As example, data merging methodology of historical and recent temperature data from 3 different sources, ERA5, CFSv2, and GFS, was updated. This update has been made to allow improved data handling that is required for advanced blending of multiple forecast models. The impact on historical data values will be negligible.
We achieved global coverage (between latitudes 60N and 50S) for recent and historic data already few years back. Yet, there were some gaps in the coverage for operational data services. These gaps were in overlapping satellite zones, where we had satellite imagery from more than 1 satellite mission. As a result a decision making process was required to define which satellite data source should be use.
The simple solution would have been to draw a straight line to define the coverage for different satellites. But this was not an acceptable solution, as it would result in spatial inconsistency of the solar radiation outputs. As a solution, we have carefully defined the border of the satellite coverage zone to be along physical and political borders. This way the spatial consistency is mostly maintained and our customers can now request data for any location between 60N and 50S latitudes via API. Also the delivery time for historic data via climData online app in these regions is now 5-10 minutes instead of 1 working day.
Economy calculations can be included in PDF and XLSX reports via checkbox option.
- Option to include Economy section in PDF and XLSX reports
- Option to specify custom inverter efficiency and transformer efficiency values when configuring PV system
- Location search now also shows existing projects in search results, making it easier to find and open existing projects
- Default app language is based on user's browser language
- User settings now allow to specify preference for language, date format and unit settings
- Improved Compare tool, with possibility to see relative comparison in addition to comparison of absolute values
- Multiple improvements to user interface
Improved handling of leap years for calculation of long-term monthly average. This update affects only the monthly average data for February.